He is always watching, listening, helping. Today, a new release of the search experience was introduced: Google Instant.
This is a way for the engine to present and predict “at the speed of type”. It displays text and data on the page as you type, and tries to predict what you are looking for. You don’t have to complete the full search until you see all the results in the page – being updated “real-time”.
It is a smarter way to aid in the search and results user experience. It was a necessary release to respond to increasing demand for search. Google believes this will change the game of search. It takes a little getting used to, perhaps – but it’s not hard. Just make sure you have a Google account, and your’re off and running.
What are the functionalities that might help or hurt you?
Here are the new, top things to learn about Google Instant
(Summary format from today’s post on SEL).
- Google instant takes effect when logged into Google (account)
- Not available in all countries
- Not all browsers
- Only works from Google’s home page or search at top of search results page
- Automatically turned off with a slow internet connection
- It can be turned off completely
- Reacts to local origins (localized) – where you are located
- Google instant is personalized (makes sense right?)
- It is safe for work. Try entering “porn” or “nude”
- Still good for SEO (search engine optimization)
- Google webmaster tools will show higher impressions
What do you think? Are you liking what you see?
- How to Turn Off Google Instant Search [Google] (lifehacker.com)
- Google Instant Is Less About Speed Than It Is About Volume (techcrunch.com)
- Here’s What People Are Saying About Google Instant (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- Google Instant – RIP Enter Key (slashgear.com)
- Google Instant: Wasn’t Caffeine Jittery Enough? (marketingpilgrim.com)
About jon rognerud
Entrepreneur Magazine says Jon Rognerud is one of the most sought-after SEO and Digital Marketing Experts for Small Business. He is famous for his high-return and passionate approach to optimizing websites and integrated marketing solutions that brings process, profits and brand loyalty...without wasting time. His brand NEW website optimization book, "The Ultimate Guide to Optimizing Your Website" from Entrepreneur Press/McGraw-Hill is in bookstores now. Act fast, and get a free gift here. Jon on Google+. To receive future updates, Click HERE to subscribe to our mailing list