Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. – George Washington Carver
Search engine optimization is a combination of a) skill/knowledge, b) talent and c) creativity – and putting them all into action – and building from there. Just do it – no excuses.
You can even do it internationally!
SEO – 21 things to consider list (Hmmm.. are they in order of importance?):
- Keyword research
- Competitive research / market research
- Links research – competitors and new link opportunities
- Traffic and conversion monitoring and tracking (ranking too in some cases)
- Information architecture & framework development (users and search) *consider a “themed” site (silo)
- Unique content development – on page
- Continuous development of quality links – off page
- Server / technical considerations
- Relevancy (keywords to pages)
- HTML code/structure (layout and TITLE, DESCRIPTION, H1 tags, etc)
- Search friendly website (crawling, indexing)
- Stemming (smile, smiles, smiled, smiling)
- Ontology / keyword relationships / synonyms
- Social media sites/network buildout
- Syndication and promotion of content (for promotion/visibility / links)
- Robots file (robots.txt) management (control duplicate content issues)
- Sitemap (HTML & XML) *XML least important
- Build for authority and trust – your domain, long term
- Blog (create one within your domain), add posts daily, weekly
- No flash or animated text and heavy graphics
- Pages should load fast (users & search engines, that’s the order of focus)
Any questions? Which ones do you consider the most important?
- Organic SEO: Natural Search Engine Optimization (seodesignsolutions.com)
- Onsite SEO Interview with Dave Harry (verticalmeasures.com)
- SEO for Start-ups: Build Authority Offsite (searchenginewatch.com)
- Who Told You THAT Was a Good Keyword? (searchengineguide.com)
- The Next SEO 101 is About a Web Marketing Toolset Not to be Missed (stepforth.com)
get the weekly newsletter... it's FREE!
"Ultimate Guide" Series of SEO Books
For Entrepreneur Magazine.
About jon rognerud
Entrepreneur Magazine says Jon Rognerud is one of the most sought-after SEO and Digital Marketing Experts for Small Business. He is famous for his high-return and passionate approach to optimizing websites and integrated marketing solutions that brings process, profits and brand loyalty...without wasting time. His brand NEW website optimization book, "The Ultimate Guide to Optimizing Your Website" from Entrepreneur Press/McGraw-Hill is in bookstores now. Act fast, and get a free gift here. Jon on Google+. To receive future updates, Click HERE to subscribe to our mailing list