When discussing advertising online, Google comes up within the first minute of any marketing conversation.
The discussion around SEO, ranking & traffic opportunities as part of a natural, organic search marketing campaign is brought to bear as well.
And, if the budget is there, advertisers may/will consider Google Adwords & PPC (Pay Per Click).
Instead of Search Engine Optimization, Adwords allows you to buy keywords (via an auction-model) to get to the first page, or top of Google. All efforts cost money, even SEO.
Your time is money.
However, PPC can be the fast track you need – and to determine viability of SEO conversion keywords for the long-term.
If choosing Adwords, I bet you didn’t know about these 4 OTHER ways of using it.
Most folks using Adwords will create campaigns that focus around the search network.
It means that when prospects search for your business or products, they’ll see an ad (text ad) in the Google results, either at the top or right of the display. They key here is to reach your target audience precisely at the right time they are looking for you. And, it works damn well.
Relevant ads sits as a core objective to anything search marketing, but the above model is not the only way:
Here is the new action list for Google Adwords expansion:
1. Targeted placement. Flexible budgets allow you to start advertising on relevant websites and blogs within your marketplace. Google will help find hundreds, and thousand of websites that you can place your ad within. And, don’t always think that slick ads and designs work. Simple can work very well.
2. Display networks. Expand your text ads into animated graphics, text and even video. It can be a great way to promote your business or products. These can even be used with retargeting.
3. Mobile. Every conference has the next new “hot” app. Well, this is 2011, and the world has long gone mobile. You can capture further eyeballs by targeting mobile users. You can geo-target, and present your phone number directly within the ad, ready for them to call you.
4. Video advertising. Google loves rich media, and embedded into the Universal/Blended search results, you’ll find video. You can advertise with text, image or pure video on YouTube. There, 1 billion videos are viewed every day and it has currently 455 million users. And, if you set this up correctly, the cost per click can often be less expensive than ‘regular’ search.
BREAKING NEWS: YouTube gets over 3 billion views per day. Yup, that much. It’s been 6 years since YouTube launched. Read all about it. (techcrunch)
Have you tried any of these new options yet? Google is ready to help you, give you money to start FREE ($100), and you can call them or access support below.
To learn more, get free set-up support or to start your free $100 trial
Call Google at 1-800-892-7746* (read disclaimer below)
*One promotional credit per customer. Promotional credit valid only for new Google AdWords customers with self-managed signup accounts. Advertisers will be charged for advertising that exceeds the promotional credit. Advertisers can suspend their ads at any time if they do not wish to receive additional charges beyond the free credit amount. Offer subject to ad approval, valid registration and acceptance of the Google AdWords Program standard terms and conditions. The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Offer may be revoked at any time for any reason by Google Inc. Advertisers with self-managed signup accounts are subject to a $5 (CAD$10) activation fee. Advertisers who choose prepay billing are subject to a $10 (CAD$20) minimum prepayment fee before their account is activated. Any such prepay amount will be credited to Advertiser’s account once account is activated. Offer valid only for sign ups through the URL provided for the promotion by customers with billing address in the US or Canada. Offer void where prohibited by law. Coupon offer expires in 23 days!
Phone support available Mon – Fri, 9am – 9pm ET. This offer is limited to new advertisers based in the U.S. or Canada. Support is available in English only. Offer subject to business and website qualification. If you are an existing AdWords advertiser looking for help with your campaign, please visit adwords.google.com/support.
Related articles Google Adwords support and credit campaigns
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool Approximate CPC Column (seroundtable.com)
- Google Testing URL Above Search Results Snippet (searchengineland.com)
- Google’s Effective $75 AdWords Credit Campaign (businessinsider.com)