Who better to go to than the source when it comes to learning about search engines? Google.
And, when it comes to search engine optimization, there are large amounts of information on the Inter-Webs. But, you cannot be sure of the quality of the information. There is also a lot of hype and exaggerated claims about what works and what you should do about it.
I have posted before about quality resources for SEO.
How can you get the most current updated information about SEO?
A few years ago – Google announced their own Guide to Search engine optimization.
SEO Guide (Google) was updated in September 2010. Download the new Google SEO Starter guide here.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the description tag
- Improve the structure of your URL
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Use heading tags properly
- Optimize use of images (hugely underused area!)
- Effective use of robots.txt
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
- Take advantage of web analytics
- And, more great free SEO/search related resources
It’s available now for download:
Download the Google Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.
- A Plea for the Legitimacy of SEO: 3 Simple Truths (zdnet.com)
- The Impact Of Google Instant On SEO & PPC? Is SEO Dead? (reelseo.com)
- What Are Your Top Results in Google Instant? (verticalmeasures.com)
- SEO Is Here To Stay, It Will Never Die (searchengineland.com)