That Apple.com is an amazing company and its continuous success even more admirable, is the understatement of the decade. With the killer product marketing launches of one super hot product (iphone, ipod, ipad, mac) after another and surviving upheaval within the company and the economy, there is nothing stopping them (except lack of innovation).
The number of applications available for iPhones, iPods, iPads in the iTunes Store is growing fast. To be part of the creation and development of useful apple applications is exciting, but frustrating if you don’t know where to start.
If you are developing for the iPad – the iOS SDK 4 is a must-have. But, if you are a beginner, it gets confusing from there, and especially if you are not a programmer.
How do you create applications for the iPad?
The key principles that you must look at for any development effort are many. However, if you think and act a bit more like Joel’s article on program management, it will help, so you can act the part a bit more.
Key areas you must look at (make sure to download the free iPad App Developers guide too):
- Business planning and preparation (standard business practice) – don’t start if you are not sure (save your money)
- Discover potential application ideas and viability for market penetration
- Do it yourself or outsource it – budgeting
- How to monetize the iPad application (make money)
- How to distribute the app when ready
- iPad tools for development (you should be slightly familiar at least)
- Apple’s development network, and how to submit your application, fees, legal issues, etc.
- Innovative ways to market your application, freemium options as well as micro-transactions
To get familiar with the iPad and all the opportunities within the marketplace and yours (that you are building out) – you can find more information in the 90-page free guide below. It will kickstart your iPad development work, and you’ll be closer to knowing if you should pursue it or not. (ie. don’t waste your time)
FREE REPORT: Free download of Secrets To Building iPad Applications and promotion ideas.