This is just a short excerpt of killer 140 character updates on your public relations, social media and marketing strategies you can use for your business.
Here’s the list (it’s big!):
- Web copy should sell benefits not features
- Commit to updating your site at least once a week. Search engines love new content.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for http://www.helpareporter.com. Invaluable for business owners.
- Apply for an award. Ck local Biz Journals, chambers. Like positive news stories, awards confer credibility.
- As a marketing tool, news releases are only as valuable as the keywords & phrases that are contained in them.
- Be humble. Journalists & bloggers need content to fill their pages, but arrogance will get you nowhere.
- Use a monitoring app like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck. Create columns for keywords, your industry, your competitors. Join the conversation.
- The key to high quality, relevant content creation is knowing your audience. Do your homework to know what resonates with your target.
- Be your brand. Be in love w/ & inspired by your brand’s mission. This translates trust & authenticity. Good press will follow.
- Stop using auto DM’s. Take 5 min/day to send a personalized message to new followers about their bio/site. Make it about them, not you.